Sticky Cinnamon Biscuits

I’ve been making these sticky biscuits for decades (literally!) and somehow haven’t managed to share them here. It’s a ridiculously simple recipe – the dough is stirred together with oil and milk, no butter – and yet they’re far more delicious than I make it sound. Far better than the photo would suggest – I took it with my phone (and missed stills of the process because I was sharing it onInstagram的故事!) but truly, I make them over and over. They remind me of the emergency cinnamon biscuits my mom made when we were kids, when my dad was itching for something for dessert. (They don’t seem like an after dinner thing for me now, but there you go.) They’re fantastic as a sort of cobbler topping too – cut the biscuits about half as thick and layer on fresh or frozen fruit (any kind!), tossed with sugar, until bubbly and golden.

But I most often make them for breakfast – the perfect recipe, I think, when you want the house to smell comforting and delicious, when perhaps don’t have a fully stocked pantry, or don’t want to run to the store. They’re far faster than yeast-raised cinnamon buns, fast enough to mix up as the oven preheats – I put a lump of butter into the pan with some brown sugar and syrup, and put it in the oven as it does, then stir it with a fork to make a chewy goo on the bottom before putting the biscuits in. Flip them out of the pan while they’re warm, and eat them with coffee, and then continue to nibble on the rest of the pan for the rest of the day.

Sticky Cinnamon Biscuits

1/3杯装红糖
2-3 Tbsp Roger's Golden or maple syrup
肉桂的震动

将烤箱预热至375°F。

把黄油,红糖和糖浆成羊皮纸内衬或黄油的8x8英寸的盘。

在一个中型碗,结合面粉,泡打粉和盐。加入牛奶和菜籽油,搅拌只是直到你有一个软面团。拉出盘并搅拌融化的黄油,红糖和用叉子一起糖浆。

上轻轻面粉表面,轻拍或面团擀成大约9×12英寸的矩形。用红糖和淋上糖浆洒。肉桂洒。从长边开始,紧紧地卷胶卷的风格融入了日志。切成使用牙线或锯齿刀,并在锅的地方切一面朝下9块饼干。

Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Invert onto a plate while still warm.

Category

把黄油,红糖和糖浆成羊皮纸内衬或黄油的8x8英寸的盘。

在一个中型碗,结合面粉,泡打粉和盐。加入牛奶和菜籽油,搅拌只是直到你有一个软面团。拉出盘并搅拌融化的黄油,红糖和用叉子一起糖浆。

Sticky Cinnamon Biscuits

21个评论对“Sticky Cinnamon Biscuits

1. Chiara
    2020年3月17日在下午11点56分

朱丽叶,this is the recipe I’ve been waiting for. I love cinnamon buns, can’t eat dairy, and the hankering usually hits about 8pm when the will to start a yeast dough and tweak it to avoid processed butter substitutes and hope it turns out tomorrow morning is not the thing. These are tomorrow night’s snack after the kids are asleep.

2. 一个my
    March 18, 2020 at 8:09 am

When my kids were small I made cinnamon rolls from baking powder biscuit dough in a pinch. This “sticky” recipie is a nice step up. Thanks Julie. I love your blog by the way.

3. 威尔玛
    March 19, 2020 at 4:28 am

Can I use honey instead of maple syrup? And can I use cake flour instead of APF? Thank you.

4. Giuseppina Loffredo
    2020年3月19日,在下午3:01

嗨朱莉。我住在巴西,我们没有枫树syrop这里。你有什么建议,我可以用它来取代它呢?由于威尔玛上面写的,是蜂蜜的好选择呢?

• Julie
      2020年3月22日在上午11:55

嗨!蜂蜜的作品,或任何种类药水的,真的!

5. 一个licen
    March 25, 2020 at 11:58 am

In the case of cobbler, would you forgo the sugar/butter/syrup mixture in the recipe?

我做这些的周末似乎有太多摘心/黏糊糊的东西。是我应该把辊之上以前更彻底搅一起?我不得不使用比8×8的较大的锅,所以也许就像他们在密闭锅辊不吸收混合物?

我肯定会去尝试的配方,虽然再次,他们尝到很棒!

• Julie
      March 25, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Glad to hear! Yes, I’d just lay the biscuits over the fruit, don’t bother with the goo in the bottom of the pan.

• 一个licen
        3月31日2020at 6:03 am

I figured out what happened last time… my yellow plastic containers of baking powder and cornstarch are side by side in the pantry and I think I grabbed the wrong one. No wonder they didn’t expand any while baking! Happy to say I made another batch last night and they turned out fantastic!

6. March 26, 2020 at 6:11 pm

我只是做了这些无麸质(使用2 C糙米粉),用一个小的调整,因为我们没有菜籽油的房子(我砍1/4Ç缩短),它们都变成了精美!谢谢你的食谱。带来了一个微笑我家的脸!

7. 金2
    March 28, 2020 at 2:44 pm

我昨天这些全部采用全麦面粉做的,他们做出来很漂亮约5分钟,烤箱长。

If I make them again (I live by myself, have poor impulse control and that is a LOT of sugar!) I’ll try using buttermilk or sour milk, plus a little baking soda, to help them rise with the heavier flour.

他们愣了好,恢复完美的30秒内每次在微波。但是,现在只有4个人了,我肉桂出来...

您好!我娜塔莉(我只有10)
    我喜欢肉桂面包!我让他们在我的朋友曾经和我爱他们!
    我的妈妈和我都让他们和我想吃他们,他们都熟时!他们看起来很美味!
    感谢写作如何让他们!^^“):3 X)XD

• Natalie Jones
      2020年4月7日,在下午3:57

yummy!!!!!!!! IT IS SO GOOD THANKS AGAIN!

10. 杰西卡·马耶
    2020年4月10日在下午12点53分

这些都好吃,谢谢!一大打击在我们家?
    Quick question: Would one be able to make everything the night before, pop into the fridge and bake them in the morning?

11. Arlana凯勒
    2020年4月10日,在下午1:16

朱丽叶,
    These are sooo yummy but I have run out of active dry yeast..can I use instant? Have lots of that!
    谢谢!
    一个

• 西蒙娜
      一个pril 25, 2020 at 9:29 pm

There is no yeast listed in the recipe. Someone did comment above that making some buttermilk (with lemon juice) helped with rising. I hope that helps.

• Julie
        May 3, 2020 at 9:20 pm

No, they’re biscuits, so don’t contain yeast. Lemon juice or buttermilk wouldn’t help with the rise, baking powder takes care of that. (If you use buttermilk, add about 1/2 tsp baking soda as well.)

12. 洛瑞复
    May 18, 2020 at 11:58 am

Made the recipe as written. Delicious these are my husband’s favourite style of cinnamon buns – biscuit. The canola oil worked really well, never done that before with biscuits. What a great recipe Julie. Nice touch for long weekend brunch in back yard, 100% will make again. Just a little editing note: in directions, you need to say set the pan with butter, brown sugar and maple syrup into preheat it oven to melt while you prepare the biscuit.